Monday, August 01, 2011

This past saturday Sara, Tony, Matt and I did the Vineman triathlon. Vineman is a full Ironman distance event, 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike ride, 26.2 mile run, all in a row and all in one day.

Obviously I like to challenge myself and push myself to the limits. That's why I started triathlons and racing, that's why I hiked the John Muir Trail, and that's why I want to hike the PCT.

Ironman distance are the longest triathlon events in the world and of course ever since I got in to triathlons, I've wanted to do an Ironman. The event is more about surviving the distance and finishing in the time limit, than it is about racing.

People who do Ironmans are a different type of human beings. They enjoy hurting themselves. The event brought me pain that I've never experienced before. It was the hardest thing I've ever done and I'm totally going to do it again someday. It was a good time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment