Friday, June 08, 2012





7 miles

Today was a nero in Kennedy Meadows. I spent the day preparing for the Sierras. The UPS truck ended up coming in around 1pm so I got my package.

For the Sierras, PCT hikers must carry a bear canister. Which is a bear proof can used to store your food. They are a bit annoying because they weigh a lot and they are very awkward to pack in your bag. But it saves the bears because if a bear learns to relate humans to food, park service employees usually have to put the bear down.

Later in the day I decided to get a move on to the Sierras. Sweet As and Samwise were going to take it slow, but I had a bit of a deadline to stick to so I could meet my dad, brother and Sara in Mammoth by the 9th. So I headed out with another hiker named Rock Lobster. He is planning on doing big days so I knew he'd be a good hiking partner. The only problem is that he is planning on doing the side hike to Mt. Whitney, I am not so I can make it to Mammoth in time. So I will have to hook up with another group in a couple days.

We hiked about 7 miles in, it is actually nice and warm tonight.

0 comments:

Post a Comment