Friday, June 15, 2012

Well....X-ray showed a stress fracture. I will be off trail for a while. Doctor says about 6 weeks.

I will have to make a decision when that time is up on whether or not I will return to the trail this year. I would really like to return, it just depends on how late in the season it is. If it is too late, ill be hit with possible snow storms in Washington. So I will have to see how the healing process goes.

Thanks to everyone who has followed me so far. Ill keep you updated on my return. Worst case, there is always next year. But of course, I don't want to close the doors on this year just yet.

4 comments:

  1. Just started following you. Sorry to hear about your stress fracture. Hopefully you have a great, strong recovery and find yourself back on the trail. If not, there is next year! Did you keep the beard?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doctors always exagerate, right :-)
    See how you feel after 4 weeks of rest. If it feels good start taking it easy on your first week back on the trail (15 miles a day)

    We started the PCT on July 4th, and our goal for the the first week was 15 miles/day. 2nd week was 20 miles/day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When are you resuming the hike?

    ReplyDelete