Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Sorry for the lack of updates....

Right now I am back in San Diego because of some foot troubles. For the last week I've been experiencing some pain and swelling in my left foot. I was limping for a while and decided it wasn't going away like all of the other minor foot pains I've experienced so far. Right now it seems like a stress fracture, but ill know for sure once I see a doctor.

My dad, brother, and Sara were hiking with me the last 3 days and I decided it would be cheaper to just go home with them, rest for a few days and see my regular doctor. Otherwise I would have to find a place to stay in mammoth to rest it.

Luckily there are daily flights from LAX to mammoth so once the foot feels good I can be back to the trail in a few hours.

Ill update the missing days of my blog and post an update of my foot situation once I see the doctor.

2 comments:

  1. so bummed to hear you are off the trail temporarily! hope you recover soon. i made it s lake tahoe and did my first 40 mile day... wowzer!

    r. lobster

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be believing that you will be able to get back on the trail soon. My son is hiking the PCT and left about the same time as you. He set my up with your blog to help me out. You were several days ahead of him. I will check back and hope all goes well for you. PCT mom

    ReplyDelete