Saturday, July 28, 2012

Well I'm back on trail! Finally!

To be honest, I returned a little bit earlier than the doctor said I should. But only by a few days. I realized that I just can't wait any longer or else I would most likely be finishing the trail in October. By that time, Washington snow could start.

My hikes after I got the boot off went well and I wasn't in any pain.

My brother and his friend Jeff drove me back up to Yosemite. We stayed in mammoth the night before and had a good time.

I started around 12:30pm. I just took it easy and went at an easy pace. I stopped and checked my foot for any problems every few miles. The shoe inserts my doctor gave me really took the pressure off the bone that was fractured. I had no problems all day.

All afternoon the rain was on and off. Which got a bit annoying.

I saw lots of day hikers but not a single PCT'er for a long time. Near the end of the day I had assumed I would be camping alone when I came up on a group of 5 PCT'ers. The names I remember are stone, pika, and apocalypse.
We all camped together tonight and had a big fire. The sky cleared up but there is lightning off in the distance.

0 comments:

Post a Comment