Tuesday, July 31, 2012


35 miles

Once again....foot feels awesome. I keep checking it. I would much rather push big miles and catch up to the herd of thru-hikers, than hike the rest of the trail by myself. Right now it looks like I'm about 5 days behind the tail end of the pack. So if I keep these miles up, I will catch them. At that point, I'll slow down and enjoy myself a little more.

Sunshine Ray caught up to me at the end of the day. But we generally don't hike near each other for the entire day. I am camped with 2 other thru-hikers...the first 2 thru-hikers I've seen in 3 days. Hopefully that means I'm catching up.

It has been very warm. I've been drinking lots of water.

Today I got my first glimpse of Lake Tahoe and the PCT has merged with the Tahoe Rim Trail for a bit.

When I got to Highway 88, there is a visitors center there. The people running it gave me watermelon, soda, and cookies. It was awesome. They enjoyed helping all of the hikers that go through there and wanted to hear my story.


0 comments:

Post a Comment