Tuesday, July 31, 2012


23 miles

Camping alone last night was great. I will definitely have no problems in the future with camping alone.

Today was a town day. I had 23 miles into Sierra City. I had a LOT of downhill which I hate, but it made the miles fly by. I got to the highway around 1pm. There were a few older gentlemen who were day hiking who offered to give me a ride for the 1.5 miles into town. First we stopped at their cabin and they gave me a cold beer and an entire cantaloupe!

I picked up my resupply package from the general store and headed to the Red Moose Inn where the owners are very big trail angels. I wanted to get there and check the trail register to see if I was catching up to the pack. Once I checked the book, it turns out a LOT of hikers left yesterday and this morning! So I'm just about caught up! To celebrate I'm going to take the rest of the day off and relax.

0 comments:

Post a Comment