Tuesday, July 31, 2012


28.5 miles

Since I had about 50 miles from my camp last night until Sierra City for my next resupply, I decided to take it easy and "only" do a 28.5 mile day.

The morning went by quick and I got to Donner Pass around 11am. There was a rest stop where I spent some time charging my electronics and just being lazy. I didn't feel like moving. I wished there was a soda machine or something because it was so hot, but no such luck.

From there I hiked the rest of the day to my planned stop for the night.

For the first time in my 59 days on the PCT, I'm camped alone. I had sort of been dreading it and I usually found at least a random weekend hiker to camp with. But this time there is no one around.

There are 2 deer playing chase around camp right now. One of the deer is licking the ground where I just went pee.

1 comments: