Saturday, July 28, 2012

20 miles.

I decided to get a few more miles in today than yesterday. Once again, the foot felt great.

The annoying on and off rain continued all day until about 4pm.

I had a few passes to climb. But they were all much easier than the southern sierra passes I did in June.

Northern Yosemite is beautiful. I've never been to this area. The best part is that even though it is Yosemite, it is so far in the back country that I saw about 8 people all day. 4 of the 8 were PCT'ers. 

I ended up camping with 2 PCT'ers and their friend who was joining then for a but. Their names are Tusk, Smiles and her friend Katie.

After talking with the PCT'ers I've seen so far, I can confirm that I am definitely at the back of the pack. I am probably a week or 2 behind the main herd. That just means there won't be many PCT hikers for me to hike with. And those who are out here, and in the back for a reason....they're slow. 

I guess I will just have to keep leap frogging groups until I catch up with the pack.

Brendan, Nathan and Prudence are still hiking together and they left Echo lake a couple day ago. Which means in about a week behind them. I hope to catch them sometime in the next month. It would be fun to hike with them again. But they said they will be pushing big miles so it may be difficult.

All of the others I was hiking with before I got off trail....Samwise, Sweet As, Chimichanga, and Breeze....are all into Oregon by now.

1 comments:

  1. Take it easy on that foot man. We don't want to see you round these parts for a while. Happy to hear you are back on the trail though. You just missed the Olympic cycling. You're probably connected enough to know the results by now though. It looks really nice up there.

    ReplyDelete