Friday, July 17, 2015

Thursday, July 16

I've posted a pic of the profile for today's hike. It looks a whole lot like the Tour de France mountain stage from today. It was up and down all day.

Nothing really exciting happened today either. It was just a lot of climbing.

I found a nice patch of wild onions on the last climb. Besides berries, wild onions are the only other edible thing I can easily identify and eat. On the PCT there were a lot in the Sierras. I found a small patch in Glacier, but this is the first I've seen since then. The onions are always right near high alpine springs. You can actually smell them as you hike by a patch. They resemble regular green onions you would buy in the store.

I picked a bunch and chopped them up. I made instant mashed potatoes with dehydrated diced beef. I then added the onions, olive oil, and a couple packets of Tapatio hot sauce. It was a good dinner.

HikerBox and Heartbreaker caught back up to us at camp tonight.

We also met another couple who is hiking with their dog. The dog has hiked both the Pacific Crest Trail and the Appalachian Trail already. After finishing the CDT it will be one of very few dogs (if any) to complete the triple crown of hiking.

Also, the app I took that screenshot from is the app I've been using called Guthook's CDT app.

We are currently 541 miles into the trail!

0 comments:

Post a Comment