Sunday, August 02, 2015

Saturday, August 1

I can't believe it is August already! I also can't believe we are nearing 900 miles and almost to Yellowstone! Time is flying by. Montana has been amazing, but I'm ready to get to Wyoming.

We had a late start back to trail, about 11:30am we were hiking.

The trail was pretty open and hot. Andy and Leah just bought umbrellas because they were jealous of ours. So they enjoyed using them in the hot sun.

Once we climbed back to the divide, I noticed a lot of obsidian on the ground. That is our first real volcanic rock we've seen.

Because of the late start, we decided to hike late to get in at least 19-20 miles. We ate dinner at a spring around 7pm, then continued hiking for another hour or so. We got to camp around 9pm.

The moon is full and super bright. I looked up before going into the tent and saw a very bright light travelling across the sky. It wasn't blinking and it was brighter than a normal satellite, I think it was the space station. I'll have to check online to see if it was it.

2 comments:

  1. Definitely sounds like the international space station. You can sign up for text updates on their website, but I don't know how that would work for you since you are on the move.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome. Yeah probably would have to keep updating our positions to get the updates.

      Delete