Thursday, May 24, 2012



13 miles


Today was another town day. We woke up early, did our 13 miles as fast as we could and got a ride in to the town of Tehachapi.

We got our town breakfast and checked in to a hotel. This is the last town for about 345 miles so we wanted to make sure we get a good rest in.

I got a new pair of shoes today. My old pair were almost out of tread.


I am planning on meeting my dad, Sara, and a few others up in Red's Meadow on June 9th. I had to change my resupply strategy around a bit so I can get there in time. But with the snow year the way it is, I'm pretty sure I can make it the 345 miles in 15 days.

I may not have much service for a while, so my blog posts may stop for a bit. The next 145 miles have spotty service and the Sierras don't have any service at all. Keep checking my "Current Location" page to see where I am. The Spot Messenger uses GPS to track my location so it will work the entire time.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have created a Google Earth KML file that will automatically track Action's progress. It includes the entire PCT trail so you can see where he's going. Get it at:

    http://www.ddicad.com/pct2012.kml

    Get Google Earth http://www.google.com/earth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see your Sierra travels. :-) Any exciting side adventures planned in the high country?
    Thanks for posting this up, Brian. This adds a new dimension to the points on the map alone.

    ReplyDelete