Thursday, May 03, 2012

23 miles.

Today started out very cold and windy. The clouds had moved in overnight. We rushed 8 miles to a trail angel's house where we could get some shelter from the wind. We arrived at Mike's Place and hid in the hiker bunkhouse. Which was basically just a small cabin with cots in it.

Mike is only home on weekends but it is known that hikers are allowed to hang out on his property and relax. So we did just that.

I met a couple who is actually from Rancho Penasquitos where I grew up. One went to the same high school as me and graduated a year after me.

We made it to the "hiker oasis" water cache and we are camping here for the night. The hike today was a little boring. Not many good views and it was just the same desert environment as before.

Everything hurts. My toes, tops of my feet, my ankles, shins. Everything. But the pain does move around so not everything hurts at once. It is always one thing though. I think that is life for the next 5 months though. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment