Tuesday, May 29, 2012





29 miles

We are in bear country now. I've seen a lot of bear tracks. I pick up my bear canister so I can store my food in it at Kennedy Meadows in a couple days. Right now I sleep with my food as a pillow and hope no bears want to challenge me for my food.

We made it to Walker Pass after a few hours of hiking. There is a campground there and a couple hikers were still there when we arrived. Apparently the parents of a hiker named Super Girl were there last night, and cooked up a huge BBQ for all the hikers that stayed there. Unfortunately, we were 10 miles short of this food frenzy last night and now there was only one corn on the cob and a few beers left for Samwise, Sweet As and I. We broke the corn into 3 pieces and covered them in butter that was also left. We also had a couple beers (for the calories of course).

We are in position to make it to Kennedy Meadows tomorrow, but will require a 34 mile day. This is a big stop right before starting the Sierra section of the PCT. It is a big milestone, we will be done with Southern California.

I want to make it there tomorrow, Samwise and Sweet As are thinking about only doing 25 and then doing the remaining 9 on Wednesday. We will see what happens.

0 comments:

Post a Comment