Tuesday, August 07, 2012

19 miles

Today was hot. We entered Lassen Volcanic national park.

At one point I took a side trail to a steam vent. It was very cool.

I got to Drakesbad guest ranch around 2pm. And guess who I met there......Brendan!! I had caught up to him! Nathan was there too! And I heard Prudence had left the day before.

Drakesbad had a huge hot springs pool, showers, and restaurant.

Brendan decided to hike out with a few others that afternoon. But I really wanted to stay for dinner. Nathan had pulled a muscle in his chest from swinging on a rope swing a few days before so he was going to stay as well.

The dinner at Drakesbad was awesome. They serve dinner for the paid guests at the ranch first, then all of the left overs are brought out in huge portions to the hikers. There are also a few other items that they make up special as well. There were 5 of us there for dinner and we had plenty of food. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment