Wednesday, August 15, 2012

14 miles

We woke up and immediately went to Bob's diner. Jungle cookie, totem, minor, caveman and I ordered chocolate shakes to start. At 7:30am. I followed that with an omelette and biscuits and gravy.

When we got back to the hiker hut, we watched a few hours of Macgyver.
Minor and I decided it was time to hit the trail. We packed up and headed to the road to hitch. Minor is an 18 year old from San Diego. I met him before the hike at a PCT San Diego event. He's also an Eagle Scout and a quick hiker.

We got to the road and decided to go to the old soda fountain down the street at the pharmacy. It was the type where the lady mixes the syrup and carbonated water herself.

We headed back to the road and got sucked in to the hiker hut to watch a few more episodes of the Macgyver marathon.

Finally Jungle Carrot, Totem, Minor and I made it back to the road and hitched in the back of a pickup to the trail.

A few miles in the heat was almost unbearable. It was the hottest it has been all week. We decided to hide in the shade until it cooled down.

Finally the 4 of us got to camp for the night.

I've started counting down the days until Canada. Right now I am shooting for September 23rd. I'm feeling much less stressed about catching up and finishing. I'm having much more fun now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment