Tuesday, August 07, 2012

23 miles.
This morning I woke up to rain. I was cowboy camping (without a tent) and had to set up my tent real quick.
The rain stopped as soon as I started hiking. About 4 miles down trail there is normally a water cache. Today, there was some amazing trail magic as well. There were 3 people who had set up a tent and had coolers filled with soda, beer and Gatorade. They were also cooking up grilled cheese sandwiches and cut up a ton of fruit.
And guess who was there when I showed up.....Prudence!
The 3 of us were finally reunited!
We hung out at the trail magic for a while. The remaining section of the rim was super hot. It was very unpleasant. We got to the road to Burney around 7pm and hitched in to town. We weren't planning on going in to Burney. But this last hot section really exhausted us. So we got a motel room and ate a ton at McDonald's.


2 comments:

  1. Enjoying the trail magic from San Diego.
    We'd talked about durability vs weight in the past. How is your ultralight gear holding up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly everything is good. I haven't had any problems with gear wearing out besides shoes. I see everything making it to Canada without any problems.

    ReplyDelete