Friday, August 31, 2012

33 miles.

Awesome day!! 3 sisters wilderness may be the most beautiful section of the trail so far. There were big meadows full of flowers, amazing views of the 3 volcanos, obsidian everywhere, and glaciers.

I can't really describe it all in words. So I posed a few extra picture in this post. I took a ton of pictures in this section. I hope to have them all uploaded to my Picasa account soon.
The lava sections were a bit annoying. The landscape looked a lot like the lava fields in Hawaii. The trail through it sucks. It is just broken up lava rock and it slows you down so much.

We made it to mile 2000 today! I can't believe I have made it this far! Especially after the fracture in my foot. I couldn't be more happy about it.

We are at Big Lake Youth camp tonight. Minor and I have packages here and the camp allows hikers to take a shower as well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment