Sunday, August 12, 2012



32.5 miles

Well nobody had caught up to me in the night. I decided to just go my pace today.

The trail this morning was awesome. It was very green and in thick forest. It was also mostly downhill with lots of streams.

With the downhill, I ended up with 20 miles by noon. At 20 miles I met The Michigan Wolverine and Even Star. They were both taking a nap when I walked up. I was a bit tired at this point so I took a nice long break with them.

TMW and Even Star both took off and I followed shortly after. Even though I had crushed 20 miles early, my legs were not happy with me in the afternoon. It was very hot and a few big climbs didn't help. I hiked 10 more miles to a big creek with a bridge over it. I cooked dinner there and decided to wait for TMW and Even Star. Once they got there, I was finished with dinner and the 3 of us hiked another 2.5 miles to a camp spot.

Before we left the bridge, a mother bear and her 2 cubs walked by on the other side of the creek. It was pretty amazing. I've seen so many bear tracks on trail in this section. So I know they are everywhere. Luckily I haven't had any trying to get my food yet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment