Sunday, August 12, 2012



32.5 miles

When we woke up today, we could smell a lot of smoke. The whole area was covered in smoke. We weren't sure if there was a fire near by, or if the smoke had blown up from the fires south of us. There was a breeze from the south all night so we figured it was all blown smoke.

It was pretty annoying to hike in, it definitely caused some slight breathing problems. As I hiked further north on the trail, a wind heading south picked up and it slowly blew all of the smoke out of the area.

I got to a highway around mile 20 for the day. Tickled Pink, Zana, and Panorama were right behind me. Zana had been hurting for the last week or two so she decided to hitch up to the next town so Panorama and Tickled Pink could move on and she could rest.

Panorama, Tickled Pink and I hiked the rest of the day together. We all took a few long breaks during the day, so to get our miles in we had to do a bit of night hiking. We got in to camp around 11pm.

While checking the guide for the next town (Etna) in 28 miles....I found out that the Etna Brewery and Pub was not open on Mondays and it closes at 7pm on Sundays. Since today in Saturday, I realized if I want to go I'm going to have to get 28 miles in early!

My plan is to go for it. Tickled Pink and Panorama are thinking about it...but it sounds like they may just take it easy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment